Cambridge Queen's Head Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Cambridge Queen's Head to help build community on campus by providing for the undergraduates of Harvard College:
- A dedicated social space;
- A performance venue for student acts and other undergraduate-initiated programming;
- Reasonably priced food and drink served at hours in tune with undergraduate schedules;
- Leadership and learning experiences in the running of a campus business; and
- A means by which to connect undergraduates to College traditions and the Harvard spirit.
To that end:
- Food and drink service must serve to complement a comfortable and relaxed environment. Students must feel comfortable dropping in at the CQH at all times, regardless of any desire to a purchase or view a performance.
- CQH must strive to build a broad sense of Harvard Community (inclusive of graduate students, teaching fellows, faculty, staff, and alumni) though never at the expense of the undergraduate identity of the space.
- CQH must look and feel student-run. Undergraduates- overseen and supported by the General Manager and Graduate Managers- provide staffing, management, and programmatic decision-making.
- Sales, catering, and facility rental should be secondary and used as necessary to advancing the CQH mission through:
- Reinvesting of excess revenue into facility up-keep and improvements, subsidizing food costs, and supporting programming;
- Providing management and business experience to the student staff; and
- Furthering a sense of campus community, College traditions, and Harvard spirit.
The Cambridge Queen's Head operates as a part of Harvard College's Office of Student Life.
Hours of Operation
OPEN Wed-Fri 4pm-1am, and Sat 8pm-1am.
During fly-by the space is open for students to come sit down and eat their lunch, however there is no bar or kitchen service during those times. We are CLOSED Sun-Tues.